The South African Council for Automation and Control (SACAC) invites you to participate in an online Control Systems Open Day on the 5th of November 2020. This event showcases control related research undertaken at universities across South Africa, giving postgraduate students, researchers and industry experts working in the field of automation and control the opportunity to engage with each other and share their research work.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Automatic process control
- Nonlinear system identification
- Dynamic modelling and process simulation
- Machine learning in control
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Control theory
- Linear control and nonlinear control
- Adaptive and predictive control
- Reconfigurable control systems
- Stochastic control
- Robust control
- Variable structure control
- Virtual reality in control
- Control education
- Discrete events and hybrid systems
- Environmental systems
- Vehicle and transportation systems
- Power systems applications
Extended Abstract Submission
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 18 September 2020
All submissions must be in PDF format. Use the templates available at IFAC PaperCept.) Accepted abstracts will appear as pre-prints without copyright so that the material may be submitted elsewhere.
Format of the event
The event will be an online webinar. Participants will present their material as a short video. Each video will be followed by a live Q&A with the participants. Details regarding videos will be provided upon acceptance of abstracts.
Submission of abstracts: 18 September 2020
Notification of acceptance: 25 September 2020
Registration deadline: 29th October 2020
This online webinar is free of charge and is open to all interested in control and automation. Please register for the webinar on the SACAC website before 29 October. See registration link below.