SACAC offers Conference Author Sponsorships to enable its members to attend IFAC sponsored and co-sponsored events across the globe. The aim of the sponsorship is to cover the travel, accommodation and registration expenses.
The papers submitted for Author Sponsorship will be judged by the SACAC EXCO (excluding any EXCO with a conflict of interest). The sponsorships awarded will depend on the available budget and the number of applications.
A person is eligible for sponsorship if the person:
- is an author of a paper accepted for presentation at an IFAC sponsored or co-sponsored event,
- is the presenter of the paper at the conference,
- is an employee or student of one of the members of SACAC, and
- the membership fees of the SACAC member are in good order.
Only one author per paper can be supported. Presentation of the papers at the conference is a requisite for sponsorship. At the conclusion of the event, the author needs to submit a brief report regarding their experience for inclusion in bi-annual newsletter of SACAC.
Application for sponsorship should be addressed to the SACAC Secretariat and contain the following information:
- A brief letter (<500 words) motivating why sponsorship should be given
- Details of conference
- Paper submitted to the event
- Proof of acceptance of the paper
- Employer details (industrial member), or Supervisor details (institutional member)
- Budget (flights, registration, accommodation)
Deadline of submission of application for 2022 are:
- 31 March 2022 for events held between 1 May and 31 August 2022
- 31 July 2022 for events held between 1 September and 31 December 2022
- 31 November 2022 for events held between 1 January and 31 April 2023
(If an event is held in for example Aug 2022, but the notice of acceptance is given after the sponsorship application deadline of 31 March 2022, please notify the Secretariat. Your application may be considered pending final acceptance by the conference.)
|&||Derik le Roux
Download Document: General Conference Author Sponsorship