The Control Conference Africa 2021 (CCA2021) will be held at Misty Hills Country Hotel and Conference Centre in Muldersdrift from 7 to 8 December 2021. To enable employees and students of SACAC’s industrial or institutional members to participate in this international event, sponsorship money is made available to send eight SACAC member to the congress. The sponsorship is awarded on a competition basis.
The available sponsorships are:
• Two for industrial or institutional members, less than 100 km from Muldersdrift R12’000 each
• Two for industrial or institutional members, more than 100 km from Muldersdrift R20’000 each
• Two for student members, less than 100 km from Muldersdrift R6’500 each
• Two for student members, more than 100 km from Muldersdrift R14’500 each
A person is eligible for sponsorship if the person:
• is an author of a paper accepted for presentation at CCA2021
• is an employee or student of one of SACAC’s members, and
• the SACAC member’s fees are paid in full.
Only one author per paper can be supported. Presentation of the papers at the congress by the winners is a requisite for support. At the conclusion of the event, you will be requested to write a brief report regarding your experience for
inclusion in SACAC’s bi-annual newsletter.
More information on this event
Application for Sponsorship
Application for sponsorship should be addressed to the SACAC Secretariat and contain the following information:
• A copy of the paper submitted to the conference
• A copy of the proof of acceptance
• Employer details (industrial member), or Supervisor details (institutional member)
The general time line for this sponsorship is as follows:
• Apply for CCA2021 Author sponsorship before: Friday 20 Aug 2021
• The sponsorships will be awarded by: Monday 6 Sept 2021
• The deadline for final submission of papers to CCA2021 is: Friday 10 Sept 2021
To avoid conflict of interest between the SACAC EXCO and the applicants, people serving on the EXCO may not serve on the adjudicator panel. Applications for industrial members will be adjudicated by a panel of people selected from SACAC’s institutional members, and vice versa
The panel of adjudicators will select the top articles from the submissions. The aim is to find an article with exceptional content, rather than simply a well-written article with regular content. The following criteria will be used:
• General or specialized industrial relevance?
• Relevance to SACAC’s target audience?
• Potential for industry application?
• Potential for further academic research?
• Intelligible and non-trivial to professionals in industry