7-8 Dec 2017
Conference programme is available.
5-6 Dec 2017
Workshop registration is open.
Online registration is now closed.
Registration is now closed as the limit for the venue was reached. However, accompanying people can still register for the banquet.Read more about the programme Read more about workshops
Accompanying Persons: R300/$25 (Reception) R750/$55 (Banquet) R1000/$75 (Reception & Banquet)
This registration is for Accompanying Persons to
– the Reception (6 Dec at 18:00 – 20:00) and/or
– the Banquet (7 Dec at 19:00 – 24:00).
A separate registration needs to be completed for each accompanying person. You are welcome to invite as many accompanying persons as you choose.
- PayPal is recommended for international participants.
- EFT is recommended for South African participants.
Conference Registration and payment options:
The regular and student registration include the submission of up to two contributions (full contribution, extended abstract, or poster), admission to all sessions of the conference, digital pre-prints, conference booklet, coffee breaks, lunches, welcome reception, and banquet dinner. Accompanying persons are welcome to attend the reception and the banquet dinner, but will be charged separately for these events.
Note, the registration fee needs to be paid prior to uploading the manuscript. Authors of contributions will need the paper number that was assigned by the PaperPlaza Submission system in order to receive voucher codes. Once the papers are accepted, these codes enable the upload of the final version.
Sponsorship is available for participants from Africa to cover the registration fee. Sponsorship for delegates intending to establish IFAC NMOs in Africa is available. Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regular: R 6 000 (Early) R 7 500 (Late)
Student: R 4 000 (Early) R 5 000 (Late)
CCA2017 Terms and Conditions of Registration
- Registrations are valid once submitted.
- Completed registrations will be acknowledged by the CCA2017 Secretariat within seven (7) days.
- Fees are payable in South African Rand (ZAR) or the equivalent American Dollar (USD) amount within seven (7) days of invoice. Any short payment resulting from bank charges and/or exchange rate fluctuations will be charged back to the delegate.
- All payments to be made payable to the South African Council for Automation and Control.
- All cancellations must be made and received in writing.
- Cancellation fees will be imposed as follows:
- Cancellations before 30 September 2017 will receive a full refund of all monies paid less a 10% administration fee.
- Cancellations after 1 October 2017 will be refunded 50% of fees paid; if fees are outstanding the delegate will be liable for 50% of the fees.
- No refunds will be provided after 1 November 2017 or no-shows; the delegate will be liable for the full amount due in respect of fees due.
- Registrations are transferable to delegates not yet registered only if the CCA2017 Secretariat is duly informed in writing at least 48 hours in advance of the start of the Congress.
- Registrations may not be shared, i.e. company name tags will not be issued and name tags may not be shared.
Limitation of Liability in Relation to the Conference
The CCA 2017 Local Organising Committee reserves the right to cancel CCA2017 without notice or compensation in the event of any delay, default, failure or cancellation of implementation of any deliverable to or for the CCA2017 conference which has been caused, directly or indirectly, by any incident of “force majeure”. For the purposes hereof, the term “force majeure” shall mean any incident, circumstance or cause which renders delivery of CCA2017 substantially or totally impossible or impracticable and which is beyond the control of the CCA2017 Local Organising Committee. The term shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Any strike, or other industrial action of any kind;
- Fire, flood, or adverse weather conditions;
- Unavoidable breakdown or destruction of facilities or equipment;
- Failure of carriers, delays in performance or delivery by sub-contractors or any other breach by a third party of a material obligation towards the CCA2017 Local Organising Committee;
- Power failure;
- Promulgation/amendment/rescission of any relevant legislation or regulation by local or national government;
- Any occurrence of any nature which renders it reasonably necessary for the CCA2017 Local Organising Committee to cancel CCA2017.
In such circumstances, the CCA2017 Local Organising Committee are hereby indemnified and shall not be liable to any delegate, supplier or other service provider for any loss or damage save that the CCA2017 Local Organising Committee shall only be liable to reimburse the relevant party such amounts as may actually have been received by the CCA2017 Local Organising Committee BUT AFTER deduction of any costs that have been reasonably incurred by it up to the point of cancellation in preparing the Conference. This limited liability does not extend to any payments that may have been made directly or indirectly (on behalf of delegates/attendees/service providers, etc.) to third parties such as hotels or airlines. The CCA2017 Local Organising Committee shall not be responsible for any theft, breakage, destruction or damages of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused to personal and/or business items of delegates, accompanying persons, children, or other attendees. All delegates are to make themselves fully aware of the health and visa requirements in respect of travel to South Africa; in the event that an individual is unable to participate in the Conference due to not meeting these requirements in any way, the CCA2017 Local Organising Committee do not accept responsibility in any respect.